Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bats and Vampires

So as I was driving to work this morning, I had my ipod playing on the radio in the car like I do every day. However, today a song I hadn't heard in a while came on. It's called the Batty Rap...which makes me sound like a major nerd, but whatever...it's from a movie called Fern Gully. Definitely still one of my absolute favorite animated movies. Anyway, long story short, it's about a machine cutting down trees that's being controlled by an evil ooze like guy named Hexxus to destroy a place in the rainforest called Fern Gully where the fairies live. There's a character in the movie, voiced by Robin Williams, named Batty (hence...Batty Rap...). He's been a laboratory test animal, so he's quite a bit messed up in the head. I was listening to the song, and it's the full version that's not in the movie (it gets a little bit too dark for kids after where the movie cuts it off), and I heard this gem, "I don't care what you think, you're a graduate student, just do it!" Apparently the graduate world hasn't changed all that much since the movie came out...in 1992.

If you'd like to hear the song for yourself, here's a link to it: The Batty Rap  The part I'm specifically talking about is at about 1:28.

And as a random side note....Happy 165th birthday to Bram Stoker! I read Dracula when I was about eight years old and we definitely need a revival in real vampires...not this cheesy Twilight-crap that's still freaking going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment