Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hopeful

So it's been a crazy day around here. The internet still been kinda spotty (especially in the mornings and during the day), but it's been alright. I got free breakfast today...but it definitely wasn't good. The complex was making free hot breakfast for residents today, but they didn't have half the things that they had promised to be serving. I was very sad. But they did have good biscuits. Find the silver lining somewhere.

Besides that, I found out my sister dropped her biology class and lab, as well as switched her major at her undergraduate university. Which my mom isn't too happy about. She told my sister it was fine, but yelled at me for about an hour yesterday, implying that it was my fault that she dropped the classes and switched majors. Like, my withdrawal from the university told my sister it was okay to do these things. Sigh.

Anyway, besides that, my sister also found out today her student loans were never dispersed. She asked if I understood what the hold on her account said, and I told her it sounded like she never signed her master promissory note. She of course didn't know what I was talking about because she let our father take care of all of her financial aid things. Big mistake. She definitely needs to be able to get into her student loan account and she has no idea what her pin could be.

Edit: Dad thankfully knew her pin.

And moving on to my other sister...


She's always had feet/leg issues. Shin splints. Flat feet. Et cetera. So we don't think much of it if her feet are more sore than usual after marching band. She went to a podiatrist today, cause last year they gave her some injection to soften impact on her ankle for the marching band season, and apparently she has a hairline fracture in her ankle, a torn ligament, and possibly a torn tendon. So later this week, probably Thursday, she has to go get an MRI of her foot and then they'll be figuring out surgery options for her. 

Another edit: After finally getting the information straight from the source (my mom and other sister were telling me multiple different things), she has a fracture in the front of her ankle as well as the back, and something called an avulsion fracture. Which according to Wikipedia, is when a hunk of bone tears away from the main mass of bone. Sounds fun.

Phew. Anyway moving beyond the family drama, the apartment complex showed a model apartment to someone yesterday, and I tried to contact them about leasing my apartment, but they had already found another place they liked better. Sadness. But on the brighter side of things, I do have someone coming to look at it on Friday. I'm hoping they'll take it; they sound really interested from the emails we've exchanged, and it really fits their needs. They were actually hoping the lease went for a month longer than it actually does, which is awesome cause apparently everybody else out here thinks they're entitled to short leases or month-to-month rent. Weird. I didn't know renting worked like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment