Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Nibble

So as luck would have it, tomorrow I have my first job interview since leaving academia. I'm excited, and I feel really relieved that things are finally starting to get set in motion. Although I've only actually been looking for a job for about a week, so I guess most people would thing things are moving rather quickly, but I've always been a really impatient person. 

Anyway it's for a paraeducator job at a special needs school (I guess I didn't get ridiculously far from the academic world...lol). I volunteered there a few times when I was much younger, so hopefully that gives me a little more edge. We'll see what happens I guess. 

Other than that, the only thing that's been going on recently is a whole lot of attempted cleaning to get myself a room that I can sleep in, and my mom sister, my friend, and my sister's friend drove over to another high school last night for a marching band competition. Definitely a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment